Answers to Life’s Most Difficult Questions.
1. DOES GOD EXIST?
- Genesis 1:1, In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
- Genesis 6:4-5, The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
- 1Timothy 1:17, “Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
Consider 7 proofs:
Human Life is Proof that God Exists.
Genesis 1:26-27, “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
Creation is a Witness of the Existence of God.
Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” (Romans 1:20-21; Colossians 1:16-18; Psalm 19:1-6)
God’s Word, the Holy Bible which was written by Holy Men of God is a Witness that God exists.
2Timothy 3:16, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God…” (2Pe 1:16-21)
The Global Spread of the Gospel is Proof that God Exists.
Over the centuries the gospel message has been ridiculed and rejected. Roman rulers threw first-century Christians to the lions and 20th-century dictators sent believers to prison camps. It is estimated that 70 million Christians have been martyred since the church began and 40 million of those were in the 20th century. Yet today Christianity has more adherents than any religion and numbers are growing in many parts of the world. History shows that when Christianity is persecuted and the Gospel is scorned world evangelism intensifies! (Acts 1:8; 8:1-5)
The Testimony of the Power of the Gospel.
Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” Read Acts 9:1-9; Phil. 3:1-14; 1Ti. 1:12-19. God saved Saul of Tarsus and by God’s grace he became the Paul the Apostle. The power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives.
The Eye Witness Account of Christ’s Resurrection.
Hundreds saw Christ in His resurrected body (1Corinthians 15:1-11; 1John 1:1-3) and two disciples saw Him ascend into Heaven. Acts 1:9-11, “And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
My Personal Testimony of Salvation.
I was saved in March 1978 and it changed my life. 2Co 5:17, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2. IS HEAVEN A REAL PLACE?
The answer is, yes! John 14:1-7, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
The Bible teaches that spirits of the saved, at death, go immediately to be with Christ in Heaven however the spirits of the unsaved at death descend immediately into Hell until the final day of judgment, at which time their bodies shall be raised from the grave, judged, and cast into the lake of fire, the place of final and everlasting punishment (2 Co. 5:6-1 0; Luke 16:19-3 1; Re. 20:11-15).
3. CAN ANYONE REALLY KNOW HOW TO GO TO HEAVEN?
The answer is, yes! The Bible clearly says that Jesus Christ, God’s Son died and arose to purchase man’s eternal salvation. Eternal life is promised to those who know Christ as their Saviour. In fact knowing Christ is eternal life. John 17:3, “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” The typical message of religion is that one must earn God’s favor into heaven by appeasing His wrath through gifts or good works. There is nothing further from the truth. The reason for this is that man is totally incapable of satisfying God’s justice. There is no service, sacrifice, gift, or good work that man can offer that will appease the holy wrath of God or satisfy His perfect justice. The only satisfaction, that could be acceptable to God and that could reconcile man to Him had to be made by God. For this reason God’s Son, Jesus Christ, came into the world in human flesh to be the perfect sacrifice for sin and to make atonement for the sins of the people. Hebrews 2:17, “Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.”
Christianity is a relationship with Jesus Christ that is based solely on God’s mercy. Titus 3:5-6 says, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.”
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is man’s only hope of eternal life in heaven. 2Timothy 1:10, “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.” Consider a few Biblical facts that will help you understand the Gospel and salvation.
- It’s important to understand that God LOVES you and He wants you to be saved. John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- It’s important to understand WHY you need to be saved. Everyone needs to be saved because everyone is a sinner. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” When Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden he died a spiritual death. Genesis 2:16-17, “And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” Consequently, we are now born in Adam’s likeness, spiritually dead. Romans 5:12 says, “Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.” To be saved means to be born-again or made alive.
- It’s important to understand the PAYMENT for sin. Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Eternal death is eternal separation from God and it is the payment for the repudiation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Salvation justifies a sinner before an Almighty God. (Ro. 3:19-28)
- It’s important to understand that Jesus Christ DIED to save you from the payment for sin. Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Jesus Christ paid the ransom for sin with His own death and shed blood. Jesus Christ became the payment for sin therefore He is our only hope of eternal salvation. John 5:24, “He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
- Finally, it’s important to understand that you can CALL upon the Lord Jesus Christ to be your Saviour. Romans 10:9-13, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- In a simple prayer to God, based on what the Bible teaches, ASK Jesus Christ to be your Saviour and claim His promise of eternal life.
We are located at 365 Main Street in Groton, Massachusetts.
Nursery Care is available for all our services. We use a reliable pager system to privately contact a parent if their infant or child needs attention. Nursery Care including our Children’s ministry is staffed with loving and faithful members who will care for your children.
Bible Classes for Everyone | Sundays at 9:30 am
- Discipleship Class
- Adult Class
- Young Adult Class
- Teens (Grade 7-12)
- Juniors (Grade 4-6)
- Beginners (Age 4 to Grade 3)
- Toddlers (Age 2-3)
- Nursery Care (Newborn up to age 2)
The Sunday Morning Service (10:45-Noon)
The Worship Service begins at 10:45 am in the Main Auditorium.
Children’s Church for Age 4 to Grade 3.
Nursery Care available for Newborn up to Age 4.
Help us Serve You
- If you are planning to be our guest.
- Or if you want a visit from our pastor to learn more about a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Or if you have a question or a comment.
Simply use the Contact Form below.